PADI Discover Scuba Diving is a one day introduction program to exposes non-scuba divers, total newbies also total beginners to scuba diving activities, scuba diving equipments and scuba diving procedures. This program designed to make you experience what it’s like to breathe underwater during a scuba diving trip at Kota Kinabalu marine park.
Discover Scuba Diving at Kota Kinabalu opens for anyone with minimum age of 10 years. It takes only one day from morning to evening for the program to finish. There is no requirement but we recommend you at least know how to swim so you are not frightened being in the water with the Instructor.
Discover Scuba Diving Definition
To know more about Discover Scuba Diving, here’s the explanation of the activity according to Wikipedia..
“Discover Scuba Diving (also called DSD) is an application of recreational diving in which an uncertified diver uses a scuba set to breathe underwater under the direct supervision of a qualified instructor. It is an experience program only, for which no certification is issued.
Discover scuba diving experiences are intended to introduce people to the sport of diving, but also increase the potential client base of dive shops to include people who do not have the time or inclination to complete an entry level certification program.”
Why Join Discover Scuba Diving
You should join Discover Scuba Diving if all you want is just to try scuba diving activity. It wa created for total beginner to learn the basics of scuba diving such as how to breather underwater using regulator. You will also learn about dive equipment and to experience scuba diving as a whole new activity in your life.
Discover Scuba Diving was designed for people who have no experience with scuba diving but want to know what it’s like to breathe underwater during scuba diving trip.
Road To PADI Open Water Course
Some beginners join Discover Scuba Diving so they can feel confident when in underwater.
It takes a while to get used to scuba diving at first but after the second dive in your Discover Scuba Diving program you will be ready for the next dive. Joining Discover Scuba Diving will make you know what to do and what actions to take during preparation process in a scuba diving trip.
After completing your Discover Scuba Diving program there is no certification or license issued by Go Aquatic but you will get the priceless knowledge as a beginner and the overall experience during the process. You will get to know other people in the same dive trip, get a chance to know them and get a chance to know your PADI Instructor. You can ask anything about scuba diving to your Instructor and of course they are all ready to answer.
- You must be in good health.
- At least 10 years old or older.
- Kids under 10 years to be supervised by a parent or guardian.
- Be comfortable in water too deep to stand up in.
- At least know how to swim.
- If you don’t know how to swim please contact us first.
What You Need To Bring
- Dry towel
- Swim wear
- Sun tan lotion
- Extra clothes for exchange after finish diving
- Dry bag to protect your electronic gadgets from getting wet
- Any other personal items
- Money in case you want to buy any additional food or drinks at island’s restaurant
- Full set of scuba diving equipments
- Lunch at island’s restaurant
- Bottled drinking water
- Instructor fee
- Boat fee
- Jetty fee
- Marine park dive permit
Discover Scuba Diving Schedule
- 8.30 AM: Meet Go Aquatic Instructor at Jesselton Point Terminal.
- 9.00 AM: PADI Discover Scuba Diving briefing.
- 9.45 AM: Learn dive safety skill, learn underwater breathing skill at confined water area and doing first dive with Instructor .
- 11.30 AM: Lunch and rest at the island’s restaurant.
- 2.30 PM: Doing second dive session with Instructor. Jumping into the water from the boat.
- 3:15 PM: Finish second dive and rest.
- 4:00 PM: Go back to the jetty.
- 2 Dives In 1 Day
- A La Carte Lunch
- Bottled Drinking Water
- Marine Park Fee & Jetty Fee
- Boat Ride
- Professional Scuba Instructor
Meet At The Jetty
At the jetty you will meet your Go Aquatic Instructor that will be your guide and trainer in PADI Discover Scuba Diving program.
Depart To Dive Site
We will go to the place where we will do the PADI Discover Scuba Diving by boat. It takes about 15 minutes to reach the place.
Briefing And First Dive
Your guide (a PADI Instructor) will give short briefing and teach how to wear dive gears properly before jumping into the water.
We will having lunch at Padang Point Restaurant at Gaya island. This is included in your PADI Discover Scuba Diving (DSD) package.
Second Dive From Boat
Our guide will bring you deeper (maximum 12 meter) so you can experience what scuba diving really looks like during your Discover Scuba Diving experience.
Back To The Jetty
After finishing second dive, our boat will bring you back to the jetty. You can get a shower on the boat or at when arrive at the jetty.
- If you are on medication, or have a known medical condition, please tell us in advance before starting your PADI Discover Scuba Diving.
- PADI Liability Forms and a PADI Medical Form must be signed by the participant before the Discover Scuba Diving starts.
- You need to have minimum 18 hours free after diving before flying on a plane (or changing altitude more than 300 meters) in line with PADI safety standards.
Talk To Us
Questions? Email Us Now!
When you feel confident after experiencing scuba diving activity yourself, it is time to enroll into PADI Open Water Course to be a licensed & certified diver so you can go diving anywhere in the world.
After finishing Discover Scuba Diving, you might thinking about doing something else other than diving. How about doing a guided snorkeling trip at Kota Kinabalu with our experienced crew?
Get to know the name and location of dive sites we go everyday for our scuba diving activities (teaching PADI courses and bring our customers to dive) all within Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park (TARP)
Get to know the people behind Go Aquatic, read more about who we are and what is our similar interest