The PADI Divemaster Course takes a minimum of two weeks to complete. Depending on how experienced you are with the number of logged dives you have also you’ll need experience in night, deep, and compass navigation which all plays a pivotal part during the course.
Below is the sessions that you are required to complete with the actual divemaster schedule giving to you depending on how long you need to meet the performance requirements.
PADI Divemasters Are Authorized To
- Supervise both training and non training-related activities by planning, organizing and directing dives.
Assist an instructor during confined and open water training.
- Independently guide Open Water Diver course students on the tour portion of Open Water Dives 2, 3 and 4 at a 2:1 ratio.
- Accompany Open Water Diver students under the instructor’s indirect supervision during surface swims to and from the entry/exit point and during navigational exercises; as well as supervise remaining students when the instructor conducts a skill.
- Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or specialty course dives under the instructor’s indirect supervision.
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers independently. This also includes conducting the PADI Seal Team AquaMission: Skin Diver Specialist.
- Conduct the Discover Snorkeling program.
- Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor’s indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants at a 2:1 ratio, after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with an instructor.
- Conduct the Discover Local Diving experience.
- Conduct the Scuba Review program for certified divers, or for PADI Scuba Divers who are refreshing their skills.
- Conduct the skin diving skills segment of the Open Water Diver course during any confined water dive.
- If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct Discover Scuba Diving in a pool or in confined open water.
- Accompany certified Scuba Divers on subsequent dives.
- After completing the corresponding instructor training, conduct: Digital Underwater Photographer specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor and Emergency Oxygen Provider courses.
Divemaster Course Materials
ALL COURSE MATERIALS
PADI LAPTOP BAG
PADI INSTRUCTOR MANUAL
DIVEMASTER COURSE MANUAL BOOK
ENCYCLOPEDIA OF RECREATIONAL DIVING
Divemaster Course Schedule
PADI Divemaster Course Schedule
- Classroom: Watch Divemaster DVD, Course Orientation and The Role and Characteristics of a PADI Divemaster. Review Knowledge Review for Topic 1.
- Confined Water: Waterskills Exercises 1 and 2, Diver Rescue.
- Independent Study: Read the PADI Divemaster Manual Chapter 2 & 3.
- Assignments: Emergency Assistance Plan – assigned to be completed before certification.
- Classroom: Review Knowledge Reviews for Topic 2 – Supervising Diving Activities and Topic 3 – Assisting with Student Divers.
- Confined Water: Waterskills Exercises 3 and 4, Skill demonstration practice.
- Open Water: Skill 1 – Dive Site Set Up and Management.
- Independent Study: Read the Divemaster Manual Chapters 4 and 5.
- Classroom: Review Knowledge Reviews for Topic 4 – Diver Safety and Risk Management and Topic 5 – Divemaster Conducted Programs.
- Confined Water: Waterskills Exercise 5, Workshop 1 – Scuba Review in Confined Water, Dive Skills Workshop – evaluate 24 skills.
- Independent Study: Read the Divemaster Manual Chapter 6.
- Classroom: Review Knowledge Reviews for Topic 6 – Specialized Skills and Activities
- Open Water: Workshop 2 – Skin Diver Course and Snorkeling Supervision, Skill 4 – Search and Recover Scenario
- Independent Study: Read the Divemaster Manual Chapters 7 and 8.
- Classroom: Review Knowledge Reviews for Topic 7 – Business of Diving and Your Career and Topic 8 – Awareness of the Dive Environment
- Confined Water: Workshop 3 – Discover Scuba Diving in Confined Water
- Open Water: Skill 3 – Dive Briefing, Workshop 4 – Discover Scuba Diving – Additional Open Water Dive, Workshop 5 –
- Discover Local Diving in Open Water
- Independent Study: Read the Divemaster Manual Chapter 9
- Classroom: Review Knowledge Reviews for Topic 9 – Dive Theory Review and administer Divemaster Final Exam.
Open Water: Skill 5 – Deep Dive Scenario.
- Open water: Practical Assessment 1 – Open Water Diver Students in Confined Water.
- Open water: Practical Assessment 2 – Open Water Diver Students in Open Water.
- Open water: Practical Assessment 3 – Continuing Education Student Divers in Open Water.
- Open water: Practical Assessment 4 – Certified Divers in Open Water.
- PADI Divemasters Need To Be fully certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and PADI Rescue Diver
At least 18 years old.
- Logged 40 scuba dives and logged 60 dives before certification.
- Completed EFR Primary and Secondary Care training within 24 months.
- Medically evaluated and cleared for diving by a physician within 12 months.
- Divemaster Crew Pack
- Instructor fee
- Boat fee
- Full scuba diving equipments
- Sabah park dive permit
- Jetty fee
- Lunch during dive days
- Bottled drinking water
A PADI Divemaster Crew Pack Includes:
- PADI Divemaster Manual
- PADI Instructor Manual
- eRDPML including associated Instructions for Use booklets
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- Divemaster Slates
- Log book
- PADI laptop bag
- Scuba Tune-up Guidebook
- Divemaster emblem
- Divemaster Hologram
How To Apply
1. Contact us online from web contact form available in this page.
if you are outside Malaysia or within Malaysia but prefer to be contacted online, give us your details and we will contact you later after that. You personal details will not be given to any third parties.
2. Send Message to us via our Facebook Page.
Open our Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/GoAquatic) then click the “Send Message” button to start a live chat with us. You personal details is safe with us.
3. Call our office.
You can give us a call at +6088 277 775 or come to our office directly at Lot 226, 2nd floor, West Wing Wisma Sabah, Jalan Tun Fuad Stephens, 88000 Kota Kinabalu Sabah. We answer calls during normal office hours.
4. Talk to us in other social media.
We also reachable at Instagram (@goaquatic) and Twitter (@GoAquaticTravel). You can send Direct Message (DM) to us directly. We reply to all incoming Direct Messages. You personal details is safe with us.
Questions? Ask Us!
DIVE SITES WE GO
Read the details about dive sites in Kota Kinabalu, what’s special about them and their unique features.
DIVE SITES WE GO
Our guided snorkeling trip is lead by experienced Divemaster who knew the area very well
Join our daily scuba diving trips to selected dive sites around Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park to explore what’s in there
Get to know people behind Go Aquatic and our background