PADI Open Water Diver Course is the most popular scuba diving course in the world for beginners who want to get a dive license so they can go diving anywhere around the globe. So, why take PADI Open Water Course in Kota Kinabalu?
Kota Kinabalu is popular with it’s calm, sunny weather and tropical climate. There are no big waves. Kota Kinabalu marine park has many exotic dive sites for scuba divers to explore ranging from beginner level to intermediate level.
The shallow water areas in Kota Kinabalu islands are suitable to teach scuba diving beginners especially new open water divers. You can enjoy your time learning how to dive while being mesmerized by the beauty of underwater world in Kota Kinabalu.
PADI Open Water Course Requirements
- Must be in good health.
- Reasonable fit.
- Complete medical form.
- Agree on all liability release.
- Minimum age requirement: 14 years.
- If age below 14 years, join PADI Junior Open Water Course (need parent or guardian consent).
What's Included In PADI Open Water Course
- PADI Open Water Diver Course manual book with RDP (Recreational Dive Planner)
- Go Aquatic log book.
- PADI Certification (sent to your address)
- PADI Instructor fee.
- Go Aquatic boat fee.
- Jetty fee.
- Sabah park dive permit.
- Lunch during diving days.
- Bottled drinking water.
OPEN WATER COURSE
- 4 Dives In Total
- Lunch In Island's Restaurant
- Bottled Drinking Water
- Marine Park Fee Included
- Professional Dive Coach
- Jetty Fee
- Full Set Of Diving Equipment
What You Will Learn In PADI Open Water Course With Go Aquatic
- Dive Equipment Assembly and Disassembly.
- Safety check before each and every dive.
- Regulator clearing.
- Regulator recovery.
- How to clear your dive mask while in underwater.
- Mask removal and replacement.
- Alternate air source use.
- Standard hand signals used in scuba diving.
- Proper weighting to achieve perfect buoyancy in every dive.
- Scuba unit removal and replacement
- Hover – learn how to remain perfectly neutral in the water.
- There’s a lot more!
PADI Open Water Diver Course manual book contains 248 pages in total, all printed in full color. The main content of this book are scuba diving theories taught under PADI standard, divided from Section 1 to Section 5.
Most of our previous PADI Open Water Diver Course students (also called course participants) prefer to use this traditional printed manual book rather than using digital version in their mobile device. They choose this book because the manual book is so easy to read.
Most of our previous PADI Open Water Diver Course student love to share this book to their friends and family member in their social media updates, thus encouraging their friends and family to take PADI Open Water Course like themselves.
PADI Open Water Course Schedule
Day 1 (Theory Session)
- Arrive at Go Aquatic office.
- Filling in registration form.
- Sign liability release form.
- Sign medical form.
- Receive PADI Open Water Course manual book.
- Receive Go Aquatic dive log book.
- Watching PADI Open Water Diver Course DVD theory for 4 hours.
- Completing Knowledge Reviews and 36 questions from the final exam.
Day 2 (Go Out For Dive Session)
- Meet Go Aquatic crew around 8:30 AM in the jetty.
- You meet your Instructor for the first time.
- Going into Go Aquatic dive boat.
- Depart into the dive site (the ride takes about 15 minutes).
- Briefing about scuba air tank, compressed air & regulator.
- Be at confined water area for Open Water dive skills training..
- Perform PADI Open Water Dive 1.
- Lunch and rest at island’s restaurant.
- Get back into the boat after lunch and prepare for next dive.
- Perform PADI Open Water Dive 2 after lunch.
- When done, rest for a while.
- Ride back to the jetty.
- Estimated arrival time around 3:30 PM to 4.00 PM.
Day 3 (Go Out For Dive Session)
- Meet Go Aquatic crew at 8:30 AM in the jetty.
- Meet your Instructor.
- Going into Go Aquatic dive boat.
- Depart into the selected dive site (about 15 minutes).
- Perform PADI Open Water Dive 3.
- After that rest for a while.
- Perform PADI Open Water Dive 4.
- Lunch with your Instructor.
- Rest and relax on our boat.
- Arrive at the jetty around 3.30 or 4.00 PM.
Open Water Course Manual Book
This is the manual book you will receive together with dive log book and Recreational Dive Planner (RDP).
Learn How To Wear Dive Gear Properly
Learn dive gear assemble and dissemble from start to finish by following Instructor’s example.
Lunch At Island Restaurant
Lunch provided at Padang Point Restaurant at Gaya Island. Rest for a while.
Depart To Dive Sites
Depart to dive sites on our catamaran boat – safe and comfortable.
Briefing Before First Dive
Our PADI Instructor will tell you what to do and how to do it.
Back To Jetty In Evening
After finishing all dives, we will return back to the jetty.
PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER COURSE
Learn more skills and knowledge so you can dive deeper and better
PADI RESCUE DIVER COURSE
Learn how to save people’s life and learn what to do during emergency situations during diving
DIVE SITES WE GO
Get more info about the places and dive sites where we dive every day
Get more info about people behind Go Aquatic brand name and learn more about our background